Bill Nye The Science Guy brought a smile to every child’s face in the 90s; even though it’s been a while since his show hit elementary schools across the nation, he’s still as relevant and influential as ever. Like a fine wine, this guy seems to only get better with age. Here are 10 times Bill Nye showed America there’s more to him than being just a Science Guy.
1. When he singlehandedly dismissed the concept of race and put society in its place
2. Seriously – don’t even try to debate him
3. When he stood up for women and female scientists everywhere and demanded equality:
4. When he mesmerized audiences everywhere with his electrifying dance moves
Showing us he’s still got it….
…..still – got – it….
5. When he slapped Dave Foley across the face on Stargate: Atlantis
“Get a hold of yourself, Dave!”
6. When he made fun of society’s ridiculous perception of women
7. When he explained evolution using emojis and showed us he still knows how to talk to the youth….
Seriously, who else besides Bill Nye could possibly do that?
8. When he didn’t care what you believed in, as long as you didn’t push it on your kids
9. When he didn’t take any sass from this news anchor
Excuse me, miss, please take a seat
10. When he debunked trending topics
Just because he knows science doesn’t mean he doesn’t know what’s relevant in our society.
11. When he became best friends with Neil DeGrasse Tyson
and changed the definition of #squadgoals
SERIOUSLY – how do I become a part of their friendship? You don’t even have to talk to me Bill just let me watch you guys hang out
Don’t ever change, Bill Nye.